MICHELLE PHAN {LIFE STORY FROM GLAMOUR.COM}

MICHEELE PHAN INTERVIEWS WITH GLAMOUR.COM 

Michelle with her cosmetic products 'Em'
With her family




Seven years ago, in my first semester at college, the professors handed out MacBook Pros. With mine I filmed a seven-minute tutorial on “natural makeup”—just me, my laptop, and a cup of coffee. When, a week later, it clocked 40,000 Web views, I knew people were connecting with it, so I kept going. That moment changed my life.
At the time, I was keeping a personal blog in which I depicted myself as the girl I wanted to be, with money and a great family. But it was all a veneer. In reality my life was hard, and I was struggling with insecurities I’d had for years.
You wouldn’t exactly call my childhood stable. When I was growing up, my father constantly gambled away our rent money. Every few months we’d get evicted and move. My brother and I never had the same beds for long, or even the same tree outside to swing on. Then one night after a big loss, my father just disappeared. It was more than 10 years before I saw him again....... {READ MORE}
 

Comments

Popular Posts