SAMET ISLAND ESSENTIALS
- Make sure that you wear mosquito repellent around dawn and dusk as it is possible to contract Dengue Fever on the island.
- The best time of the year to visit Koh Samet is during the cool season between November and February when the weather is cooler and the seas are calmer.
- Room rates are considerably lower than published the low season (March – October).
- Koh Samet has no fresh water source; water must be brought in from the mainland or gathered from the rain; please used sparingly.
- There are three ATMs on Koh Samet: one outside the 7-Eleven at the arrivals pier in Nadan, and two near the 7-Eleven just outside the national park entrance booth by Haad Sai Kaew.
- Prices for goods such as mosquito repellent and rates for motorcycle rentals are slightly lower in Nadan, where passengers alight from mainland ferries.
source : http://www.tourismthailand.org/