INTERVIEW WITH POLAND BASED ARTIST & PHOTOGRAPHER | RA SOLARIS |THE STORY



No one can catch my eyes like Ra Saloris did. He’s into McQueen,Galliano and Margiela ! Who else’s better than these legends right? He got a unique style and very exotic ideas. Well why not we get to know him better. Shall we? …

Tell us a little bit about yourself.

Hi! I'm Ra Solaris, a creative soul from Poland. I'm really into art, fashion and electronic music adoring a lot vintage days at the same time.  


You’re studying in Art History. How does it affect your style or your work?


I don't believe Art History could affect more than any other subject, like studying physics wouldn't change my style I guess. It is just more thinking about stuff, art I'm surrounded by. The analysis of the world we're living in has extended my horizonsa bit.

 And how do you describe your style?

That's the question I'm struggling. I am experimenting a lot, from the opulence of the 80s, through let's say  trendy looks nowadays upto minimalism of allblack styles. I don't know, it's quirky sometimes, but always faithful.
         
Any favorite brands?

I rarely buy clothes in typical shops I prefer thrift or textile shops so I can bring my visions into life precisely.


Your Lookbook editing totally stand out from the others ‘Loobooker’ I’ve seen. Describe your photo editing style in three words.

Crop, add some light, blur. Haha:)




Who or what has most influenced you? What’s your inspirations?

I am mostly an Internet guy, so I'm always looking for something new, fresh or forgotten on the web. I love to explore some strange forums and read smart people's opinions about art, photography etc. When it comes to fashion I do love the works of John Galliano, McQueen, Margiela especially those from the 90s.

Are you a photographer as well ? (If you do, What is the most beautiful thing you’ve seen behind the lens?)

Yes, I do photography, mostly some portraits or editorials for minor(yet :D) magazines and model agencies.


You bring such a cool content out of your photos, so have you ever feel unconfident about your work like you’re too scared to bring a new and fresh content to the audiences?

It always happen with a new thing I came up with, but then I realize "I am the coolest" (just to fortify, without any bragging) so I can do my thing, I'm listening to myself only.


So can you give another young creative minds about the way to find their artistic personality and how to be confident.

Be yourself, experiment, do not find excuses and be hard-working. Bravery is the foundation of succes, without it it's just a luck, so you need to master the skill no matter what, it's not that hard, you're your own god.






What’s your favorite quote?

"To achieve greatness, one must create, not recreate”- Antoine de Saint-Exupery


 What’s your next step or next project ?

Well, I'm finishing my studies this september and I'm moving to England, we'll see :)


How we can find you? (Instagram, Twitter, Website , etc.)

My blog is temporary dead (www.arbuzovy.blogspot.com)  but I will turn it into life soon,on Instagram it's @rasolaris.


What are you gonna do in the year 2018?

For sure I will eat, sleep, rave, repeat with the emphasis on the word "rave":)


Not only cool but he’s funny as well ! xx




Ra's photography 






 **ALL PICTURES COURTESY OF RA SOLARIS.
PLEASE DO NOT USE ANY OF THESE PICTURES WITHOUT HIS PERMISSION.



INTERVIEW |INTERVIEW POLAND BASED ARTIST & PHOTOGRAPHER | RA SOLARIS ARTICLE TEXT ©copyright Yanisa Yimsuwan 2014.

Comments

Popular Posts